Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sense and Sensibility

I have never seen a film with as much estrogen and crying almost entirely through the whole thing, such as this one. Don't get me wrong it was good, but I found myself laughing through some of it because the crying became so dramatic. Sense and Sensibility, the story of sisters and their mother left to unfortunate circumstances when the father passes away. Not exactly stable monetarily and affected by this when the two oldest begins searching for a husband. This story has romance and heart break leaving the practical Elinor with all that she ever wanted. When watching this movie, I kept thinking about when we talked about the women being constricted by corsets and feeling like weighted down by all of the dresses and of course emotions. It reminded me of the Impressionist era and overall it was a nice film to watch while working on my portfolio :)

No comments:

Post a Comment